当前位置:网站首页 > 全部文章 > 正文

阿依莲加盟【视频】- 你需要陌生感吗? TED英语演讲-英语口语小镇

发布时间: 2017-03-14 浏览: 465
【视频】| 你需要陌生感吗? TED英语演讲-英语口语小镇
看视频,练口语,关注点↑蓝字
在我们的数字世界里,社会关系已经被数据连系在了一起。然而我们却毫无意识地阻隔了自己和外界陌生环境的交流-那些和我们已接触、喜欢和经历过的格格不入的人和事物。这个演讲呼吁让科技带给我们那些我们需要的人或事,即使我们并不熟悉它们。
演讲者:玛莉亚·柏赞提斯
演讲题目:让人惊奇的对陌生感的需求

部分演讲稿
1."Don't talk tostrangers."
"不要和陌生人说话。"
2.You have heard thatphrase uttered by your friends, family易白首 , schools and the media for decades.
这句话已经被你的 朋友、家人、学校和媒体重复了好多年了。
3.It's a norm. It's asocial norm.
这是一个准则,一个社会行为规范。
4.But it's a special kindof social norm, because it's a social norm that wants to tell us who we canrelate to and who we shouldn't relate to.
但这又是一个特殊的社会行为标准, 因为这个准则试图要告诉我们 我们应该或不应该接触什么样的人双面罗密欧 。
5."Don't talk tostrangers" says, "Stay from anyone who's not familiar to you.
“不要和陌生人说话”的意思是, “避开那些你不熟悉的人。
6.Stick with the peopleyou know.
只跟那些你认识的
7.Stick with people likeyou."
和像你一样的人来往。“
8.How appealing is that?
这听上去有趣吗?
9.It's not really what wedo, is it, when we're at our best?
这不是我们意气风发的时候做的事情,不是吗?
10.When we're at ourbest, we reach out to people who are not like us, because when we do that, welearn from people who are not like us.
当我们意气风发的时候张镇宇 ,我们和那些 跟我们不同的人来往, 因为这样我们可以向这些与我们不同的人 学习。
11.My phrase for thisvalue of being with "not like us"
我认为这种“和我们不同”
12.is"strangeness,"
就是“陌生感”,
13.and my point is thatin today's digitally intensive world, strangers are quite frankly not thepoint.
我的意思是在今天已经电子化、虚拟化的世界里瓢虫简笔画 , 陌生人已经不是问题的重点。
14.The point that weshould be worried about is无语言伤 , how much strangeness are we getting?
我们需要担心的重点是, 这种陌生感有多少(两者之间有多陌生)?
15.Why strangeness?Because our social relations are increasingly mediated by data, and data turnsour social relations into digital relations,
为什么是陌生感?因为我们的社会关系 正在被数据量化, 这些数据又把我们的社会关系转化成虚拟数字关系,
16.and that means thatour digital relations now depend extraordinarily on technology to bring to thema sense of robustness, a sense of discovery,
这意味着我们的数字生活 很大程度上依赖于科技 带来的一种稳定感, 一种探索感,
17.a sense of surpriseand unpredictability.
一种惊喜和不可预测性。
18.Why not strangers?
为什么不通过陌生人来获得这种需求?
19.Because strangers arepart of a world of really rigid boundaries.
因为陌生人是这个充满 条条框框的世界的一部分。
20.They belong to a worldof people I know versus people I don't know, and in the context of my digitalrelations山竹树, I'm already doing things with people I don't know.
他们属于一个简单的把人分为我认识 和我不认识的世界, 而在我的数字关系里, 我已经在和我不认识的人有了交流。
21.The question isn'twhether or not I know you.
问题已经不再是我到底认不认识你。黄子珈
22.The question is, whatcan I do with you?
问题是,我们可以在一起做什么?
23.What can I learn withyou?
我能从你那里学习什么?
24.What can we dotogether that benefits us both?
我们能在一起做些有益双方的事情?
25.I spend a lot of timethinking about how the social landscape is changing, how new technologiescreate new constraints and new opportunities for people.
我花了很多时间思考 人们的社会生活在发生着怎样的变化, 新技术是如何为人类带来 新的限制和机遇。
26.The most importantchanges facing us today have to do with data and what data is doing to shapethe kinds of digital relations that will be possible for us in the future.
今天我们面临的最重要的变化 与这些数据和它们如何 塑造我们在未来拥有的 数字关系息息相关。
27.The economies of thefuture depend on that.
未来的经济发展依赖于此。
28.Our social lives inthe future depend on that.
我们未来的社会生活依赖于此。
29.The threat to worryabout isn't strangers.
我们应该担心的不是遇到陌生人。
30.The threat to worryabout is whether or not we're getting our fair share of strangeness.
我们该担心的是我们会不会得到 本应属于我们的那份“陌生感”(意为与他人产生有效联系的机会)。
31.Now,阿依莲加盟 20th-centurypsychologists and sociologists were thinking about strangers, but they weren'tthinking so dynamically about human relations卖报歌简谱 ,
20世纪的心理学家和社会学家 专注于陌生人hy工房, 但是他们当年并没有料到人类关系的这种多样性,
32.and they were thinkingabout strangers in the context of influencing practices.
而且他们是在实践影响的范畴内 讨论研究陌生人的。
33.Stanley Milgram fromthe '60s and '70s, the creator of the small-world experiments, which becamelater popularized as six degrees of separation,
上世纪60到70年代的斯坦利温州名师网 ?米尔格兰姆(美国著名社会心理学家)“小世界现象”实验的创造者, 这个实验就是以后著名的“六度分离”理论,
34.made the point thatany two arbitrarily selected people were likely connected from between five toseven intermediary steps.
意思就是任何两个人 都会在5到7人之间建立起联系。
35.His point was thatstrangers are out there.
他认为陌生人随处可见。
36.We can reach them.There are paths that enable us to reach them.
我们可以与他们发生联系。 各种途径可以帮助我们建立这些联系。
37.Mark Granovetter,Stanford sociologist, in 1973 in his seminal essay "The Strength of WeakTies,"
马克?格兰诺维特,斯坦福社会学家,1973年 在他的著名论文“弱连接的威力”中指出
38.made the point thatthese weak ties that are a part of our networks程光快递, these strangers, are actuallymore effective at diffusing information to us
这些“弱连接”(指与我们不熟的人) 是我们社会关系网络的一部分, 这些陌生人会有效的带给我们不同的信息,
39.than are our strongties, the people closest to us.
这点要优于我们的“强连接”,那些我们非常亲近的人。
40.He makes an additionalindictment of our strong ties when he says that these people who are so closeto us, these strong ties in our lives,
他同时指出了我们的“强连接”的另一个问题就是 这些在生活中和我们走的很近的人, 这些“强连接”们,
41.actually have ahomogenizing effect on us.
会不断的同化我们。
42.They produce sameness.
他们让我们变得越来越一致。
43.My colleagues and I atIntel have spent the last few years looking at the ways in which digitalplatforms are reshaping our everyday lives,
我和我在因特尔的同事在过去的几年里 都在观察数字平台是如何 重塑我们的日常生活的,
44.what kinds of newroutines are possible.
哪些新的惯例正在产生。
45.We've been lookingspecifically at the kinds of digital platforms that have enabled us to take ourpossessions, those things that used to be
我们主要特别观察了 某些电子平台,它们让我们 把我们自己的东西,那些曾经只限于我们自己
46.very restricted to usand to our friends in our houses, and to make them available to people we don'tknow.
和来家里的朋友, 分享给那些我们并不认识的人。
47.Whether it's ourclothes, whether it's our cars, whether it's our bikes云阳仙境 , whether it's our booksor music, we are able to take our possessions now
不管是我们衣服,汽车, 自行车,书籍还是音乐, 我们现在都可以把我们自己的东西
48.and make themavailable to people we've never met.
让那些我们从未谋面的人接触到。
49.And we concluded avery important insight, which was that as people's relationships to the thingsin their lives change, so do their relations with other people.
而且我们总结出了一条非常重要的结论, 就是当人与生活中的事物的关系 发生改变的同时, 他们与他人的关系也在改变。
50.And yet recommendationsystem after recommendation system continues to miss the boat.
尽管这样,一代代的(智能)推荐系统 都还没有意识到这一点。
51.It continues to try topredict what I need based on some past characterization of who I am, of whatI've already done.
这些系统还在根据我过去的一些特征 和我已经做了什么 来猜我需要什么。
52.Security technologyafter security technology continues to design data protection in terms of threatsand attacks, keeping me locked into really rigid kinds of relations.
一代代的安全技术 还在设计抵御威胁和袭击的 数据保护方案, 来让我困在一些非常教条的关系中。
53.Categories like"friends" and "family"
类似于“朋友”、“家人”、
54.and"contacts" and "colleagues"
“联系人”和“同事”的分类
55.don't tell me anythingabout my actual relations.
没有办法展现我实际的关系状态。
56.A more effective wayto think about my relations might be in terms of closeness and distance, whereat any given point in time, with any single person混沌谱 ,
一个更有效的看待关系的方法 可能是根据亲疏关系和距离, 也就是说冥婚周德东 ,在任意时刻,和任何人,
57.I am both close anddistant from that individual, all as a function of what I need to do right now.
我都和那个人既亲近又保持一定距离, 这都要看我现在需要做些什么。
58.People aren't close ordistant.
人和人的关系不会只是亲近或者疏远。
59.People are always acombination of the two, and that combination is constantly changing.
这种关系是两者的结合无恨歌 , 而且这种结合总是在变化。
60.What if technologiescould intervene to disrupt the balance of certain kinds of relationships?
如果科技可以打破 某些关系的平衡,结果会怎样呢?
61.What if technologiescould intervene to help me find the person that I need right now?
如果科技可以帮助我 找到我现在需要的那个人?
62.Strangeness is thatcalibration of closeness and distance that enables me to find the people that Ineed right now, that enables me to find the sources of intimacy上杉绘梨衣,
"陌生感"就是评估亲疏关系 的一个标准,它帮助我找到那些我现在就需要的人, 帮助我找到那些我现在需要的亲密感、
63.of discovery, and ofinspiration that I need right now.
探索感和灵感的源泉。
64.Strangeness is notabout meeting strangers.
“陌生感”不是说我们要见陌生人。
65.It simply makes thepoint that we need to disrupt our zonesof familiarity.
它其实就是告诉我们 要突破我们那些熟悉的区域。
66.So jogging those zonesof familiarity is one way to think about strangeness, and it's a problem facednot just by individuals today,
突破这些熟悉的区域是一种认识陌生感的方式, 而且这不仅仅是个人问题,
67.but also byorganizations, organizations that are trying to embrace massively newopportunities.
也是那些想要抓住 更多新机遇的组织团体遇到的问题。
68.Whether you're apolitical party insisting to your detriment on a very rigid notion of whobelongs and who does not, whether you're the government
或者你是一个政党 教条得用谁是同盟和谁不是同盟的简单判断 而让整个政党遭受不必要的损失, 或者你是政府部门
69.protecting socialinstitutions like marriage and restricting access of those institutions to thefew, whether you're a teenager in her bedroom
试图保护那些社会机构如婚姻 并只让很少的人可以接触到这些机构, 或者你是一个在自己房间里
70.who's trying to jostleher relations with her parents, strangeness is a way to think about how we pavethe way to new kinds of relations.
和父母闹不和的青少年, “陌生感”为我们需要新的关系 铺平了道路。
71.We have to change thenorms.
我们需要打破过去的陈规。
72.We have to change thenorms in order to enable new kinds of technologies as a basis for new kinds ofbusinesses.
我们需要打破这些规距才能带来 新技术 并在此之上创造新的商机。
73.What interestingquestions lie ahead for us in this world of no strangers?
在这个没有陌生人的世界里会出现 哪些有趣的问题呢?
74.How might we thinkdifferently about our relations with people?
我们对我们与他人的关系又会有怎样不同的思考?
75.How might we thinkdifferently about our relations with distributed groups of people?
我们对我们与那些分散的人群的关系 又会有怎样不同的看法?
76.How might we thinkdifferently about our relations with technologies, things that effectivelybecome social participants in their own right?
我们又对我们与那些 已经深入到我们生活中各个角落的科技之间的关系 有什么不同的看法呢?
77.The range of digitalrelations is extraordinary.
数字关系的范围是十分宽广的。
78.In the context of thisbroad range of digital relations猛鬼学堂 , safely seeking strangeness might very well bea new basis for that innovation.
在这个前提下, 安全的寻找“陌生感”很有可能是 创新的新基础。
79.Thank you.
谢谢。
◆◆◆ ◆◆
288元外教课程免费开赠!
每天限额6个,
满额即止!
点击阅读原文
即可轻松获取!
TAGS: